Congratulation to all ESB 2022 Award winners!
ESB Student Award: Biomechanics and mechanobiology of mineralized fibrocartilage at the tendon-bone attachment (Hard tissue biomechanics) Alexandra Tits, University of Liege, Belgium
Clinical Biomechanics Award: Biomechanical evaluation of diagnostic tests for rotator cuff lesions, Johanna Menze, T. Rojas, M. A. Zumstein, S. J. Ferguson, K. Gerber, University of Bern, Switzerland
Best Poster Award: Overcoming a “Forbidden Phenotype”: the parrot’s head supports, propels, and powers tripedal locomotion, Melody W. Young, NYIT College of Osteopathic Medicine, US
Best Doctoral Thesis Award: Impact of fluid dynamics and drug transport on restenosis in femoral arteries after endovascular treatment, Monika Colombo, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
ESB Mobility Awards: Satanik Mukherjee, Iulen Cabeza-Gil
Start-up Ideas Competition (organized within the Symposium on Research and Entrepreneurship):
OSORA, Medical Fracture Analytics, Dr. Lucas Engelhardt (osora.eu)
BBSoF, Beyond Biomechanics Sport on Field, Zimi Sawacha (bb-sof.com)
S. M. Perren Research Award
The winner of the 2022 ESB S.M. Perren Research Award is Michael Dreyer from the ETH, Zurich (Switzerland) for the manuscript entitled: “Standardized Tibio-Femoral Implant Loads and Kinematics” by MJ. Dreyer, A. Trepczynski, SH. Hosseini Nasab, I. Kutzner, P. Schütz, B. Weisse, J. Dymke, B. Postolka, P. Moewis, G. Bergmann, GN. Duda, WR. Taylor, P. Damm, and CR. Smith.
Best Doctoral Thesis Award
The Best Doctoral Thesis award will be presented in the main plenary, Archive Hall on Wednesday, 29th of June from 14:00 – 15:00. More information about the awarded thesis and author will be available in the online programme.
SM Perren Award – Application deadline 31st January 2022. Please consider submitting your latest work as an original article choosing the SM Perren Award to Journal of Biomechanics latest by January 31st, 2022.
Best Doctoral Thesis Award – Application deadline 31st January 2022. Applications are submitted via email to the award chair. All of the Awards listed below are based on abstract submission to the ESB2022 congress, and each abstract can only be submitted for one award. All deadlines coincide with the deadline for Congress Abstract submission.
Clinical Biomechanics Award
- Biomechanics index for diabetic foot risk classification, A. Guiotto, G. Bortolami, A. Ciniglio, F. Spolaor, G. Guarneri, A. Avogaro, F. Cibin, F. Silvestri, Z. Sawacha
- Biomechanical evaluation of diagnostic tests for rotator cuff lesions, J. Menze, T. Rojas, M. A. Zumstein, S. J. Ferguson, K. Gerber
- Effect of alendronate on bone fracture toughness in osteogenesis imperfecta, A. Muñoz, A. Carriero
- Application of cog threads for vaginal wall prolapse repair: ex-vivo study, R. Rynkevic, C. Soares, L. Hympanova, E. Silva, T. Mascarenhas, P. Martins
The four selected finalists will present their work in a dedicated session on Monday, 27th June from 14:00 in Archive Hall.
Clinical Biomechanics Award – Application deadline 31st January 2022. Please ensure you check the submission box during abstract submission and attach the additional required documents.
ESB Student Award
The student award session will take place on Monday, 27th June from 16:00 – 17:00, in the Archive Hall. One prize and three runner-up awards will be given to the four finalists:
- Assessing the performance of thrombectomy devices with in silico models (Clinical and translational biomechanics / in silico trials) Sara Bridio, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- Predicting surgical outcomes across nine corrective techniques for sagittal craniosynostosis (Advance computing for biomechanics) Connor Cross, University College London, United Kingdom
- Angiography-derived wall shear stress topological skeleton variability predicts myocardial infarction (Cardiovascular biomechanics) Maurizio Lodi Rizzini, Politecnico di Torino, Italy
- Biomechanics and mechanobiology of mineralized fibrocartilage at the tendon-bone attachment (Hard tissue biomechanics) Alexandra Tits, University of Liege, Belgium
ESB Student Award – Application deadline 31st January 2022. Four finalists will be selected to present and compete for the Award in a dedicated session during the yearly ESB Congress in Porto. Please ensure to check the submission box during abstract submission and attach the additional required documents.
ESB Poster Award
The ESB Poster Award is given at each ESB Congress with the purpose of raising the quality of poster presentations at the meeting. The selection is made by an ad hoc Poster Award Committee appointed by the ESB Council and chaired by the ESB Awards Committee Chairman.
ESB Poster Award – Application deadline 31st January 2022. The ESB Poster Award is given at each ESB Congress with the purpose of promoting the quality of poster presentations at the meeting. The selection is made during the Congress, by a Poster Award Committee.
ESB Travel Awards
The European Society of Biomechanics and the organizers proposed Travel Awards to financially help young researchers to participate in the ESB 2022 Congress. The
awards will be presented during the congress dinner.
ESB Travel Awards – Application deadline 31st January 2022. A substantial number of Travel Awards (minimum of 20) will be awarded by the ESB for attending the ESB congress. Please ensure you check the submission box during abstract submission and attach the additional required documents.